Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nothing to Wear


16 days! 16 DAYS is how long I have been wearing this shirt! Why would I do such a thing? For Haiti of course! :) We (the people wearing this shirt) started with seven days; then for every hundred dollars raised we add another day! As of right now we are at 23 days, and this morning we were $14 away from 24 days! The most we can wear them is 30 days! No washers or dryers! I handwash my shirt some nights and let it dry while I am sleeping! :) Forget laundry softener too! The first day I washed my shirt I woke up and went to put it on after my shower and was surprised at how stiff it was!
After a while it gets kind of boring; there is no variety, at all... The same turquoise shirt EVERY DAY! Now I know how some people live... People who wear the same shirt EVERY DAY, and don't even have clean water to wash them with... Makes you think of some shirts we spend $20 on and think, "That's not too bad; I mean it's a cute shirt!" Well that shirt ends up in your closet for maybe a week without being worn...
The other day I was getting in my closet for something (maybe a pair of shoes), and I looked up at all my hanging clothes. Then looked at my shirt I had been wearing for two weeks; I remember thinking, "Hello old friends." Then closing my closet door. :) If you are interested in donating check out: www.ntwchallenge.org Thanks!

This is what the shirts look like (in color)... Sorry, Ali was looking at her iPod or something...

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Cute pics Jordy !

Once this is all over is turquoise going to be your least favorite color???

Jordyn said...

Thanks, Grandma! I don't think so because I like this! :) It's fun! Plus, you don't have to think much about what you want to wear. All you need is pants and you are good to go! :)